Just like meeting up with other appointments in life, going to church is one sacred appointment that believers are earnestly encouraged to keep, as the Bible urged us “Not to forsake the gathering of believers”. But it is pertinent to note that, its one thing to ‘GO TO CHURCH’ and another to ‘GOT TO CHURCH EARLY’; the keyword is ‘EARLY’.
Now, why do people go late to church?
- Iron all your cloth before you sleep.
Trust me, there is a lot of factors enough to fill a tank to overflow; but are these factors worth your lateness to worship service and have a sweet fellowship with fellow brethren?
On a rather too obvious manner, do you find it easy to keep to time on regular appointments (work, school, interviews, seminars etc.), but drag your feet when it involves Church services? Then, here are simple tips to adopt if you want to overcome the habit of going late to church:
- Polish/clean footwear before you sleep.
- Get your Bible, jotter, etc. ready in one place.
- Get your tithe &. Offering ready.
- Sleep early.
- Wake up on time.
- Avoid saying “Even when I get there early,
I won’t meet anyone”
Get there early and let someone come and meet you too.
Don’t forget you are also someone.
- Washing on Sundays before church is not encouraged, It may delay you.
- If it takes you 15 minutes to drive/walk to the church, always make allowance for extra time in case of anything.
For instance, if service is 7am and it takes you 10 minutes to drive/walk to church, it’s always better to leave home 6:40am.
- Plan to get to church at least 10 mins before service starts.
- Don’t give room for friends and relatives to visit you few hours to service.
If they come when you are preparing for church, take them along or make them wait until you are back.
They are not more important than God.
- Sunday School is part of church too!
A lesson missed is a treasure missed. Stop throwing away treasures!!
- And for workers, your Sunday service starts at workers meeting time.
Going to church early invokes the blessing of the Lord upon your life.
Don’t be a habitual late comer to church, it’s a dishonour to your God.
Lateness to service is unfaithfulness.
Don’t also form the habit of choosing Sundays that you like for Church service. All Sundays are important to God as long as you are healthy.
Let your worship be a sweet smelling sacrifice to God.
“They that seek Me early shall find Me.” – GOD.
May God bless you in Jesus Mighty name. Amen!