NIGERIA AT 61: “Nigeria Shall Experience Showers of Blessings” – CAN PRESIDENT
INDEPENDENCE DAY GREETINGS FROM THE PRESIDENT, CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (CAN); HIS EMINENCE, REV. DR. SAMSON SUPO AYOKUNLE.
On behalf of myself and Christian Association of Nigeria, I congratulate all Nigerians on this occasion of the 61st Independence Anniversary of Nigeria from colonial rule of the British. With full assurance of faith in the Lord and the power of the Holy Spirit, at this difficult time, I prophesy that there shall be showers of blessings in the name of Jesus.
In Ezekiel 34: 25-30, Ezekiel prophesied to a people in captivity of the Babylonians that there shall be showers of blessings.
It is important to note that in Babylon, the children of Israel were eating the bread of affliction at the time. They were serving as slaves, they were suffering in the hands of the unbelievers who did not know God, they were a people who knew no peace because their land had been invaded and occupied by the surrounding hostile nations. In one sentence, the Israelites were a people with no hope of future!
The situation in Nigeria and of Nigerians today looks like that of Israel and Judah in captivity. We are already in the hands of the enemies because of our corrupt and sinful life. We are in pains of insecurity, inflation, unemployment, poverty is stirring many people in the face. Kidnappers do not allow us to rest. Some religious fanatics want to forcefully convert Nigerians into their own religion. This is the main agenda of the Boko Haram insurgents and the Islamic State of West African Province(ISWAP). They have caused and are still causing mayhem in the nation, killing innocent citizens. As the Lord lives, they shall not prosper in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
For the past years, bad and selfish leadership we have had largely contributed to the unfortunate state we are today. These bad leaders did not plan for the country to grow and if they did, they never make effort to implement the development plans. They embezzled the commonwealth of the nation. By their action they threw the citizens into unnecessary sufferings and pains. Unemployed youths have taken to criminalities. Youths are trying frantically to run abroad to search for better life. Some in the process perished in the Mediterranean Sea or ended up being used as sex slaves. Some got themselves engaged in armed robbery and internet fraud, etc.
The situation humanly speaking appears bleak but knowing that God is not man and with him, all things are possible, this is the right time to believe that there shall be showers of blessings because some people are praying for this country. There shall be showers of blessings because God shall judge the evil doers in the nation. There shall be showers of blessings because God rules in the affairs of humans. There shall be showers of blessings because the thoughts of God towards us are good and not evil.
In view of the foregoing, I declare that there shall be showers of blessings in Nigeria in the name of Jesus.
The showers of blessings shall usher in the the following:
1. The Lord is going to cause peace to return to our nation in Jesus’ name and all agitations would cease.
2. The Lord would cause wild beasts, the criminals operating with various names as Boko Haram, bandits, kidnappers, murderous herdsmen, unknown gunmen to cease from our land in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Violence shall become a thing of the past in Nigeria in the name of Jesus
4. All of us in Nigeria shall dwell in safety in the name of Jesus
5. Our economy would flourish and there shall be prosperity in the nation in the name of Jesus
6. Nigerians who had run abroad would return home because Nigeria would be a desired nation by everybody in the name of Jesus.
7. Your dry land as an individual the Lord will turn in swamp in the name of Jesus.
8. You will eat in plenty and the days of scarcity would be no more in the name of Jesus.
9. In the forthcoming 2023 election, no wicked leader shall be voted into power no matter how wealthy and powerful he or she may be in the name of Jesus Christ.
Finally, kudos to our military for the upper hand they are having over the insurgents and criminals tagged as bandits, wicked herdsmen murdering and sacking communities, etc. We encourage the law enforcement agents not to give these criminals any breathing space until the battle is won and Nigeria is safe again as before.
Once again, happy 61st Independence Anniversary to all Nigerians home and abroad.
Rev. Dr. Samson Olasupo A. Ayokunle
President, Christian Association of Nigeria & Co-Chairman,
Nigeria Inter-Religious Council (NIREC).